Software Testing Life Cycle:
A process of testing the software to detect the differences between the existing and the expected requirements OR to find out that the existing features match the Expected requirements and to evaluate the features of the software.
WHAT IS STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle)?
STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) is a series of certain phases executed to perform the Software Testing and to make sure that the required software or application is as functional as required.
System Study :
Read the requirement and understand the requirement. If face any doubts then clarify by asking another Test Engineer, Developer, B.A. (Business Analyst), P.C (Project Coordinator).
Prepare Test Plan:
This is the stage where Test Engineer decides,
- How many test engineers are Required?
- What task each Engineer will perform?
- What testing is to be done and what testing is not to do?
- What feature or functionality is to be tested and what features are not to be tested?
- When to Start and End the Testing?
Prepare Test Case:
Once the software test plan is done then the Test Engineer goes to Prepare the test case. It Has different stages.
- Identify Maximum Possible Scenario
- Prepare Test Case
- Review the test case
- Fix the Review
- Verify the Fix
- Store the Test case in Test Case Repository.
Prepare RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix):
- Traceability Matrix is a document that ensures that each and every requirement is having at least one test case.
- RTM is a guarantee that each and every requirement is Covered.
In this stage, the Test engineer executes the test cases. Test Engineer Conduct all types of testing, if find any bugs or defects send that to the developer to improve the quality of the Software or application.
When the Test engineer will execute the Test case then definitely find lots of defects. Tracking all the defects in an organized manner is called Defect Tracking.
Prepare Test Execution Report:
At the End of every Cycle, Test Engineer prepares a test execution report.
In that report Consist of –
- Number of Test cases
- Number of Test Cases Executed or not Executed
- Number of Test cases Passed or Fail
- Percentage of Passed or Failed Test case
In this stage whole team discusses the achievement and Mistakes.
- Make note of all good and Bad Processes followed:
- Carry the good process further.